Introducing edge for substratum: Material design the way it should be.
• Theme works best with custom 7.1.x/ 8.x ROMs with OMS support
• Theme also works with Google stock 7.1.x/8.x ROMs (note that stock ROMs have some theming limitation)
• OxygenOS and LineageOS aren’t fully supported (use at your own risk)
• You need substratum app from the Play Store to apply the theme
• You need to be rooted
IMPORTANT! When you open the theme in substratum app you’ll see the drop down menu on top of the overlays. You need to choose one depending of your ROM Android version. There are also some overlays with different variant for specific Android version.
NOTE: AOSP apps like Clock, Messaging, Gallery, Contacts and Dialer may or may not work on Nougat ROMs, because every custom ROM has their own variant of those apps, so if you get an error while compiling, just don’t install them.
After every update I recommend clean install (uninstall all the overlays from the previous version, and then install the new ones)
Don’t report bugs if you’re using custom DPI
System, main Google’s and third party apps
– Dropped support for Nougat and Oreo 8.0 (will be deprecate officially by substratum soon)
– Temporarily removed Bold icons (until I redesign them)
– Google Play Services: updated to 14.5.74
– Gmail: updated to 8.10.21
– YouTube: updated to 13.46.53
– Keep Notes: updated to 5.0.441
– Google+: updated to 10.19
– Google Phone: updated to v25
– WhatsApp: updated to 2.18.341
– Fully themed Digital Wellbeing
– Bug fixes and improvements
NOTE: clean install is mandatory!